Colts GM Chris Ballard told reporters that LB Darius Leonard had surgery last on his left ankle and should require a six-week rehab. (Mike Chappell)
Ballard added that TE Eric Ebron underwent offseason groin surgery.
- According to the Athletic’s Stephen Holder, the Colts will likely try to re-sign LT Anthony Castonzo either before or after the 2019 season since they didn’t draft any competition.
- Holder writes RB Marlon Mack was another offseason winner for the Colts, as the only back they brought in was Spencer Ware for depth despite being linked to multiple big names.
- The Colts elected not to draft a tight end, raising the chances Jack Doyle and Eric Ebron re-sign with the team once their deals expire at the end of this season.
- Holder says LB Anthony Walker should expect a serious challenge to his job from third-round LB Bobby Okereke.
- Though the selection of CB Rock Ya-Sin addresses a need for secondary depth, one of Pierre Desir, Kenny Moore or Quincy Wilson could lose playing time, according to Holder.
- Holder adds fourth-round S Khari Willis is a candidate to replace S Clayton Geathers if the latter can’t stay healthy or isn’t re-signed next year.
- The Athletic’s Daniel Popper says if LB Telvin Smith follows through on sitting out the 2019 season, the Jaguars could save all of his $9.75 million 2019 base salary by placing him on the Did Not Report list.
- The Jaguars could use that space to trade for TE Kyle Rudolph, as their only other options at the position are Geoff Swaim and third-round rookie Josh Oliver.
- Jaguars placed DB Cody Brown and DT Roderick Young on injured reserve after he cleared waivers.
- Per Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, Texans third-round TE Kahale Warring reportedly “flashed” during rookie minicamp and could carve out a role as a rookie.
- Texans signed RB Taiwan Jones. (NFLTR)
- Texans waived LB Dexter Wright. (NFLTR)