- The Colts held QB Andrew Luck out from OTA’s with a calf injury again, but HC Frank Reich is hopeful Luck will return for minicamp next week. (Stephen Holder)
- Colts signed P Rigoberto Sanchez to an extension. (NFLTR)
- Colts signed G Nico Siragusa. (NFLTR)
- Colts placed C Javon Patterson on injured reserve.
“He is very smart,” Marrone said via Jacksonville.com’s Phillip Heilman. “I think he has communicated well up until this point, which I’ve only had limited communication [with him]. I think that he is a big athlete with a good catch radius, and I think he will be in position to compete for a job, and I’m sure he hopes to get back to the season that he had a couple years ago where he really had a heck of a year.”
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer mentions that there’s a real path to Pryor winning a roster spot in Jacksonville, as the team doesn’t have another wide receiver with his size and catch radius.
- Jaguars WR coach Keenan McCardell says WR Marqise Lee has a ways to go in his recovery from a torn ACL: “He’s probably a couple weeks into training camp before he’ll be back.” (Phillip Heilman)
- Lee said his goal was to be “out there producing” for Week 1 against Kansas City. (Heilman)
Texans WR Keke Coutee says he’s focused on preparing his body to stay healthy during the season. He’s doing a lot of stretching and soft tissue work this offseason, “flushing out my body just to get that old scarring tissue out of there.”
“What I did last season was just a little taste of what I can do,” Coutee said via ESPN’s Sarah Barshop. “Like I said, that’s in the past and this is a new season, so I’m looking to get better any way I can.”
- According to Paul Kuharsky, first-round DT Jeffery Simmons appears to have received a fully-guaranteed deal, though some of that could potentially be for injury only.
- Simmons received a signing bonus of $7.23 million and base salaries of $425,000, $1.07 million, $1.65 million and $2.22 million all guaranteed.