Colts HC Frank Reich said he feels great about where they are with the offense’s run-heavy scheme and is confident the passing game will progress.
“I feel great about where we are. It’s hard to do what we’re doing — to dictate the tempo in the running game, especially when you’re not passing it the way you want to and you’re facing heavier boxes. I just think it’s a statement to what we’re doing in the run game. I know the pass (game) will come,” said Reich, via Stephen Holder of The Athletic.
Regarding the Colts ranking 27th overall in “explosive passing plays,” Reich said he is more focused on efficiency for their passing game.
“When we look at being efficient in the pass game, I’m not caught up in looking at the overall numbers in how we compare to the rest of the league,” Reich said.
Reich reiterated that he believes their run-heavy offensive scheme will “produce wins.”
“We all know the measure is winning. We want it to produce wins, and I believe it does produce wins. I wish we had a couple more, but I know we’re on the right track.”
- Colts GM Chris Ballard announced Thursday that WR T.Y. Hilton suffered a setback with his calf injury and has been ruled out for Week 13.
- Colts HC Frank Reich told reporters that while Khari Willis is technically still in concussion protocol, they expect him to pass to be cleared “pretty soon.” (Stephen Holder)
- OUT for Week 13: WR T.Y. Hilton (calf), RB Marlon Mack (hand)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: TE Mo Alie-Cox (thumb), WR Parris Campbell (hand), S Khari Willis (concussion), CB Rock Ya-Sin (ankle)
- OUT for Week 13: TE Seth DeValve (oblique), S Ronnie Harrison (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: CB Tre Herndon (shoulder), LB Myles Jack (knee)
- OUT for Week 13: DE Carlos Watkins (hamstring)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 13: T Tytus Howard (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: DE Angelo Blackson (shoulder), CB Gareon Conley (hip), LB Brennan Scarlett (shoulder)