- Colts WR Daurice Fountain, who spent the year on injured reserve after breaking his ankle, said he was back to doing on-field work. (Twitter)
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes the Jaguars are likely to cut WR Marqise Lee and DL Marcell Dareus to save $5.25 million and $20 million respectively.
Texans LB Jacob Martin was widely viewed as a throw-in piece in the deal that sent Jadeveon Clowney from Houston to the Seahawks. And while Martin only played in 21 percent of the Texans’ defensive snaps, he came close to maximizing his opportunities with 3.5 sacks, a forced fumble and a recovery. Heading into 2020, Martin’s goal is to put himself in position to get more opportunities to maximize.
“I think the biggest thing for me is focusing on my body, taking the time to transform my body into what it needs to be, what it takes for me to play every down,” Martin said via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “Obviously, the goal is to get a whole lot stronger this offseason and try to build on what I started last year and continue to get better.”
- The Texans have hired Tennessee OLB coach Chris Rumph to the same position on their staff. (Wilson)
- Texans DC Anthony Weaver will continue to coach the defensive line. Former DC Romeo Crennel will remain as the associate head coach. (Mark Berman)
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes the Titans are likely to cut RB Dion Lewis to save $4.04 million.