- According to KUSA’s Mike Klis, Broncos fifth-round rookie LB Justin Hollins has a knee sprain and bone bruise and will miss a game or two.
- Broncos CB De’Vante Bausby is also out indefinitely with a spinal compression injury. (Klis)
- Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said he was concerned about C Mike Pouncey‘s neck injury and the veteran is still being evaluated by doctors: “I’m a little concerned with Mike, so I’m waiting to see what’s going on with him.” (Eric Williams)
- Lynn also said Chargers TE Hunter Henry was moving closer to a return: “He was moving around pretty good last week (on the side working with trainers). So we’ll see if we can try to work him in (to practice) this week. … But there’s no guarantee he’ll be back.” (Williams)
- According to ESPN’s Bill Barnwell, if the Chargers continue to lose with RB Melvin Gordon back in the lineup, they could decide to trade him and go with Austin Ekeler as the starter given they’re unlikely to keep Gordon without using the franchise tag next year.
- Barnwell identifies the Bills as a team that would be interested, with the framework of a deal including Gordon and a fifth-round pick for a third-round pick and RB T.J. Yeldon.
Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes was noticeably limping during Sunday night’s loss to the Colts. Mahomes dinged up his ankle earlier in the season and the punishing Colts pass rush did nothing to help matters, taking him down four times and battering him numerous other times. Despite the pain, Mahomes downplayed the injury’s severity.
“Just reaggravated it a little bit there in the first half and then got stepped on in the second half,” Mahomes said via ESPN’s Adam Teicher. “Obviously it’s going to be a little sore tomorrow.”
Chiefs HC Andy Reid agreed, calling the injury a tweak.
“Tweaked it just a little bit. I think he’s going to be OK,” Reid said. “He was pretty good at the end there. We’ll see how that goes.”
- Chiefs DL Chris Jones is considered week-to-week with a groin strain and is also expected to miss some games for Kansas City. (Rapoport)
- Reid said the team will know more about WR Tyreek Hill‘s potential availability later this week: “I’ll know more as we get through this week. He practiced a little bit last week and he moved around pretty good but they’ve got to make sure everything is stable. He wasn’t being hit last week.” (Teicher)
- According to ESPN’s Bill Barnwell, the Chiefs could be a potential fit if the Bengals look to move on from 2018 first-round C Billy Price, who’s lost competitions to start at both center and guard.
- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero reports X-rays were negative on Chiefs G Andrew Wylie‘s ankle and he escaped with just a sprain.
- Chiefs DT Xavier Williams meanwhile has a badly-sprained ankle and could miss some time. (Ian Rapoport)