Broncos’ veteran QB Joe Flacco said he doesn’t care if the team drafts a quarterback at No. 10 overall, as long is it is “understood” that he is the starter.
“I don’t care whether they take a QB at 10,” said Flacco, via Mike Klis of 9News. “The only thing I care about is I want this team to be as good as they can with me at QB. … I’m all for getting the guy who can add value to the team with me as the understood QB.’’
Flacco said the Broncos drafting a quarterback is “obviously” not the “utmost importance“, but it is “out of my control” if they do so.
“I want this team to be the best with me at QB. Obviously that’s not of utmost importance to draft a QB. But if we do that’s out of my control. I’m going to go out and compete and he’s going to have to come out here and be on the field with me every day, too,” said Flacco, via Klis.
- The Broncos hosted TCU edge rusher Ben Banogu for an official top-30 visit on Tuesday. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora writes that he gets the sense the Broncos will pass on Missouri QB Drew Lock with the No. 10 overall pick.
- La Canfora says he gets the sense Broncos GM John Elway would like to address other needs with Joe Flacco shoring up quarterback for now.
- He adds that Lock could potentially fall to the second round where the Broncos could have another shot at him.
- The Broncos recently hosted TCU DE Ben Banogu and Houston CB Isaiah Johnson. (Mike Klis)
- Notre Dame DT Jerry Tillery visited the Broncos Wednesday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Tennessee DL Kyle Phillips visited and also worked out privately for the Chargers. (Justin M)
- BYU LB Sione Takitaki visited the Chargers yesterday. (Tom Pelissero)
- Texas A&M TE Jace Sternberger visited the Chiefs Wednesday. (Nick Jacobs)
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Chiefs hosted Missouri OL Paul Adams for a visit on Tuesday.
- CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora says the Raiders have shown a lot of interest in Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins and could consider using their two late first-round picks to trade up for him.
- Miami DE Joe Jackson visited the Raiders Wednesday. (Tom Pelissero)