- Mike Klis of 9 News reports that the Broncos could field trade offers for CB Chris Harris, along with WR Emmanuel Sanders, and teams have previously expressed interest in the veteran cornerback. However, Broncos executive VP John Elway wasn’t prepared to trade him at that point.
- The Broncos lost to the Chiefs on Thursday leaving them 2-5 on the season and it’s now to the point where Denver may seriously consider offers for some of their notable players.
- Klis lists the Texans and Eagles as speculative teams that could use a cornerback.
- Per Pro Football Talk, the Chiefs are expected to keep the status quo at quarterback while starter Patrick Mahomes is out with a knee injury.
- Chiefs QB Matt Moore will start next week with QB Kyle Shurmur coming up from the practice squad as a backup. Former backup QB Chad Henne is eligible to return from injured reserve after next week.
- A source added any reports regarding Mahomes’ timeline are pure speculation and “good for clicks and retweets” more than actual clarity, as it depends on how fast Mahomes heals and rehabs.
- According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, former Raiders WR Antonio Brown‘s grievance against the team to recoup $30 million in guaranteed money took a hit when the team submitted text messages from Brown to owner Mark Davis asking for his release.