- Broncos GM John Elway made it clear that they’re going to have an open competition at left tackle this summer: ”We still feel like we can be very competitive with the tackle situation that we have and the open competition. The best player is going to play.” (Jeff Legwold)
- When asked if they were ever in trade talks for Trent Williams, Elway said: “No, we did not talk to them. We had heard what was going on, but we also had heard what the compensation was … we didn’t feel like it was something that we wanted to get involved in.” (Jeff Legwold)
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid said their staff “did a lot of work” on second-round LB Willie Gay Jr and believes his negative background was “blown out of proportion,” which includes an ejection from a 2018 game after receiving his second unsportsmanlike conduct penalty due to an on-field brawl. (James Palmer)
- Chiefs undrafted WR Kalija Lipscomb received $110,000 guaranteed, $10,000 from a signing bonus and $100,000 of his base salary. (Tom Pelissero)
Raiders GM Mike Mayock explained that WR Henry Ruggs speed and explosion separated him in their eyes from the other top receivers in this year’s draft class.
“All three wide receivers we felt were diverse and would bring different things to the Raiders and I feel like Coach Gruden and that offensive staff is so good they could have gotten the most out of all three of them,” Mayock said, via Raiders.com. “However, the distinguishing factor really was his speed, his explosion and his work ethic.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Raiders discussed trading back “a few slots” from No. 12 overall prior to drafting Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III but felt he wouldn’t have fallen to them.
- Raiders GM Mike Mayock said G Gabe Jackson will continue starting at right guard despite coming up in trade rumors and Las Vegas drafting fourth-round G John Simpson: “The future of Gabe Jackson? He’s our starting right guard. We signed (Eric) Kush and we signed (Jordan) Devey, but both those guys can play all three interior positions. They’re inside guys and I think Gabe Jackson is our starting right guard. That’s exactly what it says.“