Broncos GM John Elway surprisingly did not rule out the possibility of trading OLB Von Miller during his end-of-season press conference.
“I think we’re going to visit all that,” Elway said, via BroncosWire. “I think we have to look at all the possibilities and get an evaluation of that.”
Elway said he believes Miller had a good season for them, but can still play better.
“We’re trying to evaluate what went on and then find solutions,” Elway said. “One of the solutions is that we’re going to need our core guys to play better. Von, he had a good year this year.
“Can Von play better? Yeah, I think Von can play better. That’s part of the new thing when that comes in with the next coach.”
- According to Mike Klis, Broncos assistant coaches are drawing some interest including OL coach Sean Kugler and LB coach Reggie Herring.
- However, both of them are under contract with the Broncos through 2019 and the team’s new head coach will have first dibs on keeping them.
- Chargers DT Brandon Mebane remains away from the team because of his infant daughter’s illness and the team is unsure if he’ll be available on Sunday. (Jeff Miller)
- The Chargers officially ruled out LB Jatavis Brown (ankle) for their Wildcard game and have NT Brandon Mebane (not injury related) down as doubtful and RB Austin Ekeler (groin) as questionable.
- Ekeler was a limited participant in practice on Friday but he is expected to play on Sunday.