The Detroit Lions announced several roster moves on Wednesday including placing rookie DE Julian Okwara on injured reserve.
The full list includes:
- Lions signed CB Chris Jones.
- Lions placed DE Julian Okwara on injured reserve.
- Lions signed T Dan Skipper and TE Matt Sokol to their practice squad.
- Lions released P Arryn Siposs from their practice squad.
- Lions DE Austin Bryant (PUP) returned to practice.
Here’s the Lions updated practice squad:
- C Beau Benzschawel
- DB Jalen Elliott
- DE Frank Herron
- WR Tom Kennedy
- TE Isaac Nauta
- LB Anthony Pittman
- DB Bobby Price
- DT Kevin Strong
- DB Dee Virgin
- LS Steven Wirtel
- WR/RB Kerrith Whyte (Injured)
- LB Kareem Martin
- C Marcus Martin
- WR Victor Bolden
- DT Albert Huggins
- T Dan Skipper
- TE Matt Sokol
Okwara, 22, was a two-year starter at Notre Dame. The Lions selected him with the No. 67 pick in the third round of this year’s draft.
Okwara signed a four-year $4,926,810 rookie contract that includes a $1,143,136 signing bonus.
In his four-year career at Notre Dame, Okwara recorded 77 tackles, 14.5 sacks, four forced fumbles, three pass deflections, and two interceptions.