The Detroit Lions announced several roster moves on Tuesday ahead of their Week 17 game.
The full list includes:
- Lions promoted LB Curtis Bolton from the practice squad to the active roster.
- Lions placed LB Josh Woods on injured reserve.
- Lions placed TE Brock Wright on the COVID-19 list.
- Lions activated DE Jashon Cornell from the non-football injury list.
- Lions signed TE Jared Pinkney off of the Rams’ practice squad.
- Lions signed WR Juwan Green and TE Ross Travis to their practice squad.
- Lions released CB Chris Williamson from their practice squad.
Here’s the Lions updated practice squad:
- LB Tavante Beckett
- DT Bruce Hector
- DB Nickell Robey
- QB Steven Montez (COVID-19)
- TE Shane Zylstra (Injured)
- G Parker Ehinger
- WR Javon McKinley
- DT Eric Banks
- TE Nick Eubanks
- K Aldrick Rosas
- WR Geronimo Allison
- OT Dan Skipper
- DB Corey Ballentine
- DB Parnell Motley
- LB Curtis Bolton
- RB Rodney Smith
- WR Juwan Green
- TE Ross Travis
Detroit is also giving Bolton a deal that runs through the 2022 season, so he’ll have a chance to compete for a roster spot next year.
Bolton, 26, signed with the Packers as an undrafted free agent out of Oklahoma in 2019. He was waived with an injury designation coming out of camp, though, and reverted to injured reserve.
The Packers released him last October and he joined the Texans practice squad. He signed a futures deal with Houston for the 2021 season before being released. He had stints with the Colts and 49ers before signing to the Lions practice squad in December.
In 2021, Bolton has appeared in three games for the Lions and recorded two total tackles.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!