- Cowboys CB Maurice Canady‘s one-year, $1.25 million deal includes a $200,000 signing bonus, $950,000 base salary, $6,250 per game one the active roster and $250,000 in incentives. (Aaron Wilson)
- Cowboys C Joe Looney‘s one-year deal is worth $2.437 million with a $137,500 signing bonus and a base salary of $2.3 million. (Wilson)
New Eagles CB Darius Slay is happy with his destination — and probably the new deal that made him the highest-paid corner in the NFL — after being traded from the Lions to Philadelphia. He adds that the Eagles tried to trade for him last year as well.
“I knew that Philly wanted me and was trying to get me last year. I was looking forward to coming. I was pretty excited. It was only a matter of time till it happened. I’m glad it happened. I’m ready,” Slay said via NBC Sports’ John Clark.
- ESPN’s Jamison Hensley mentions the Eagles as a potential landing spot for former Broncos QB Joe Flacco as a backup to Carson Wentz.
- Eagles DB Jalen Mills‘ deal is for one year and $4 million with $1 million in incentives. (Tim McManus)
- ESPN’s Booger McFarland mentioned the Redskins as a potential landing spot for QB Jameis Winston and NBC Sport’s JP Finlay says it makes some sense given HC Ron Rivera has hinted at wanting competition for QB Dwayne Haskins.
- However, ESPN’s John Keim says there’s no chance of the Redskins signing Winston based on his conversations with a source.
- Free-agent OT Donald Penn says he wants to keep playing in 2020 and would be open to a return to the Redskins in 2020. (Josina Anderson)
- Redskins G Wes Schweitzer‘s three-year, $13.5 million deal includes a $3 million signing bonus, base salaries of $1 million guaranteed, $3.49 million and $4.49 million, a 2020 per-game roster bonus up to $500,000 and per-game roster bonuses up to $510,000 in 2021-2022. (Aaron Wilson)
- Redskins RB J.D. McKissic‘s two-year deal is worth $3.25 million with a $1 million signing bonus, base salaries of $950,000 and $1 million, and up to $150,000 in annual per-game active roster bonuses. (Wilson)