- According to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, they have not had any recent discussions with the Seahawks regarding a potential trade for S Earl Thomas. In fact, Jones said that the last time they spoke with Seattle about Thomas was during the draft. (Jon Machota)
- Regarding suspended DT David Irving, Jones said: “David Irving is dealing with off the fiehttps://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/1022196783521251328ld issues. By agreement and by design he is not here.” Jones added that Irving is “addressing his issues and they are ongoing. … I don’t expect to see him at camp.” (Around the NFL)
- Jones said of reinstated DE Randy Gregory: “Make no mistake about it, we want him as a player, we want him as a person.” (Jon Machota)
- Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones admitted that the new contract signed by Rams RB Todd Gurley changed the market: “That changed it. It moved the market in terms of RBs.” (Calvin Watkins)
Giants HC Pat Shurmur said Wednesday that he anticipates WR Odell Beckham Jr being “ready to go” for the start of training camp.
“I anticipate he will be here and ready to go,” Shurmur said. “We’ll continue to be smart with his training.”
As expected, Beckham did show up for the start of camp on Wednesday.
- Mike Garafolo reports that Redskins CB Josh Holsey was involved in a “freak accident” that will sideline him for the start of training camp after a table fell on his foot.
- Ian Rapoport adds that Holsey will start of training camp on either the PUP or non-football injury list and may not be ready to begin the season.
- The Redskins placed DL Stacy McGee and CB Josh Holsey on the PUP list.