- The Bears officially ruled out LB Isaiah Irving (quad) from Week 9’s game against the Eagles and he did not travel with the team.
- Bears promoted LB James Vaughters to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Bears waived TE Bradley Sowell.
- The Lions have officially ruled out DT Mike Daniels (foot) and OL Graham Glasgow (back) from Sunday’s game against the Raiders.
- Lions placed RB Tra Carson on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Lions promoted RB Paul Perkins to their active roster.
Packers president Mark Murphy was asked about the team not making any trades before the deadline this year.
“We were interested in potential trades, but not at any cost,” Murphy wrote, via Packers.com. “GM Brian Gutekunst is always looking for ways to improve our roster, but he also knows how important draft picks are to the future of the team. Also, just because the trade deadline passed doesn’t mean we aren’t still trying to improve our roster. We will look at players that have been waived (in 2010, we picked up Howard Green off waivers in the second half of the season and he helped us win the Super Bowl). We also have the opportunity over the next two weeks to add players from the injured reserve and physically unable to perform lists. We also believe that several of our younger players will show significant improvement over the second half of the season. Finally, the chemistry on the team is very good right now, and consideration should be given to how new players may affect the locker room.”