Bears DT Akiem Hicks was designated by the team to return from injured reserve on Monday. While he likely won’t make it back in time for Thursday’s game against the Cowboys, having Hicks back will be a huge boost to Chicago’s defense in the final three games of the season.
“It was nice to see him out there on the field,” Bears HC Matt Nagy said via Nathan Smith of the team’s website. “He’s been on the sidelines, he’s popping in and out. He’s been around in meetings and all that. He’s never left us. We’ve felt him, which is great. But to see him actually out there on a very kick-back tempo type of practice was really good.”
- According to the Athletic’s Adam Jahns, Bears LB Nick Kwiatkoski has put himself in consideration for an extension with his strong play this season.
- Bears TE Adam Shaheen‘s career in Chicago could be over after being placed on injured reserve, as Jahns notes he was a healthy scratch earlier in the season despite his status as a second-round pick and the Bears’ need at tight end.
- Bears WR Taylor Gabriel and TE Ben Braunecker are still in the concussion protocol. (Jahns)
- Per ESPN’s Michael Rothstein, Lions HC Matt Patricia said QB Matthew Stafford is still considered “week-to-week” with his back injury.
- Patricia said the team is not placing Stafford on injured reserve out of respect for the veteran’s toughness and desire to try and return this season. (Dave Birkett)
- The Lions tried out DT Olive Sagapolu on Monday. (Howard Balzer)
- Lions placed TE T.J. Hockenson on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- The Packers worked out TE Donnie Ernsberger and RB Elijah Wellman on Monday. (Rob Demovsky)
- According to ESPN’s Rob Demovsky, Packers WR Davante Adams was fined $10,527 for unsportsmanlike conduct last week against the 49ers.
- Packers claimed RB Tyler Ervin off of waivers from the Jaguars. (NFLTR)
- Packers waived CB/KR Tremon Smith.