Slay says the move is a clear indication that “nobody’s safe.”
“It basically say it don’t matter who you is,” Slay said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “No matter how much you put in, at the end of the day it’s a business so that’s how I just look at it. Nobody’s safe, in my opinion.”
“We’ve been playing together five years,” Slay said of Diggs. “Shoot, team captain, so I mean, for that to happen it’s kind of crazy but I guess that’s the business part of it. That was crazy, though.”
- Lions HC Matt Patricia said DE Mike Daniels (foot) has made “progress” and was able to participate in individual drills during Thursday’s practice. However, his status for Week 8 is still undecided. (Dave Birkett)
- Patricia added that Lions DL Da’Shawn Hand (elbow) is getting “closer” to returning after having a “good week” of practice.
- The Lions officially ruled out DT Mike Daniels (foot), CB Amani Oruwariye (knee), and CB Darius Slay (hamstring) for Week 8’s game and list RB Nick Bawden (foot), DT Damon Harrison (groin, not injury related) as questionable.
“I want him to be healthy first and foremost,” Rodgers said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN. “And that’s a tough injury to deal with. You’ve seen other top receivers who’ve had similar injuries and it nags them for most of the season. I’d love for him to be as healthy as possible before he comes back.”
Regarding his status, Adams admitted that he’s “a little limited right now.”
“I’m a little limited right now,” Adams said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “But for the most part I can do a lot of different footwork stuff. It’s just the full-speed routes right now that are a little tougher for me. So I’m trying to fight through that, but I’m in a really good spot right now.
“Just got to keep letting it heal, because it’s not fully healed yet. Keep letting it heal and just be smart about it.”
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur said Adams (toe) did not practice on Friday but did not rule him out from Sunday’s Week 8 game. (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- However, LaFleur said he would not play Adams if he is at risk of aggravating his toe injury. (Ryan Wood)
- Although LaFleur said they are “exploring all options” in regards to improving their roster, he is comfortable with the players they have at the receiver position: “I do have a lot of confidence in the guys we have here. We did OK the other day.” (Ryan Wood)
- Packers rookie S Darnell Savage said he’s still in a “day-by-day mode” with his ankle injury but he would like to play if possible: “Obviously, I expect to play, want to play, but some things are just out of your control. I’m going to just keep rehabbing day in and day out and just taking everything one day at a time.” (Matt Schneidman)
- LaFleur called their lack of production in punt and kickoff returns a “big concern” for them: “[It is a] big concern. Especially if you don’t produce the results that you like. We definitely have to block better, and then we have to be decisive when we’re taking it out. I would guess that people are going to continue to make us earn it and kick it short.”
- The Packers officially list WR Davante Adams (toe) and TE Robert Tonyan (hip) as doubtful for Week 8 and have C Corey Linsley (back) and S Darnell Savage (ankle) down as questionable.
Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said he is unsure of how he will use CB Holton Hill after he returns from his eight-game suspension for Week 9.
“I don’t know. He hasn’t practiced in eight weeks. We’ll see how he looks when he gets out there,’’ said Zimmer, via Chris Tomasson.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer expects WR Adam Thielen (hamstring) to play in Week 9’s against the Chiefs after missing Thursday night. (Chris Tomasson)
- The NFL officially listed Vikings CB Holton Hill‘s suspension. Minnesota received a roster exemption for Hill.