- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan announced that WR Deebo Samuel will play on Sunday against the Eagles. However, they plan to ease him into the lineup: “I know he’ll be out there but it won’t be his normal role, that’s for sure.” (Nick Wagoner)
- OUT for Week 4: DE Dee Ford (back), QB Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle), LB Dre Greenlaw (quadricep), CB Emmanuel Moseley (concussion), RB Raheem Mostert (knee), TE Jordan Reed (knee), CB Ahkello Witherspoon (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 4: CB K’Waun Williams (hip)
- Cardinals Kliff Kingsbury said Friday that WRs DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) and Christian Kirk (groin) will be game-time decisions for Sunday’s game against the Panthers.
- According to Kingsbury, Cardinals CB Dre Kirkpatrick suffered a head injury on Thursday: “We’ve had him checked out and working through that. And, so, once again, he’s one that over the next couple of days we’ll know if he’ll be available or not.” (Josh Weinfuss)
- OUT for Week 4: S Budda Baker (thumb), S Chris Banjo (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 4: C Mason Cole (hamstring), LB Dennis Gardeck (foot), WR DeAndre Hopkins (ankle), LB Devon Kennard (calf), WR Christian Kirk (groin), CB Dre Kirkpatrick (concussion), LB Tanner Vallejo (illness)
Seahawks’ LB Shaquem Griffen was shocked to receive the news he was being cut by the team, but is now back and performing well. He has also received praise from teammates and HC Pete Carroll.
“Definitely a definite surprise for me,” Griffen said, via John Boyle of Seahawks.com. “I was coming in for the COVID testing and I end up getting called, I’m like thinking it was just a normal day, and then end up being waived. I was like, ‘OK, that was an adjustment.’ The big thing for me, having my brother there was pretty big, I can admit to that. We sat down, we talked for so long, just about the ups and downs, pros and cons to what was going on in my situation. My brother kind of calmed me down to the point where it was like, I can’t always try to understand a situation, understand the why, but just understand there’s a reason. That was a big thing that stuck with me because I can’t control everything. I can’t sit here and try to control something that’s out of our control. So the only thing I could do was just be where my feet are at, and that was at the moment, I got waived, and at the next time it was either I’m going to be on the practice squad or somewhere else, so whatever step came, I was ready to attack that. Going through adversity in the league, it’s nothing compared to what I went through in college. I’m ready for anything. There’s no reason to mope, there’s no reason to get upset, I’m in control of my own destiny. I’m in control of the way I feel about things, negative or positive.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said RB Chris Carson had a good solid week and will be a game-day decision on Sunday. However, “he looked good” in practice Thursday and Friday. (John Boyle)
- Carroll said that S Damarious Randall has done a good enough job this week getting up to speed where he could be called up from the practice squad to help them if they need it. (Curtis Crabtree)
- OUT for Week 4: S Jamal Adams (groin), LB Jordyn Brooks (knee), CB Quinton Dunbar (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 4: RB Chris Carson (knee), CB Shaquill Griffin (shoulder), S Delano Hill (back), RB Carlos Hyde (shoulder), G Damien Lewis (ankle), CB Neiko Thorpe (hip)