- Per the Athletic’s Greg Auman, Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians said having both RBs Ronald Jones and Leonard Fournette back would “probably not” rule out the team drafting another back.
- Arians added the two would compete again to determine their roles in 2021: “That will all be defined through practice and OTAs and training camp and preseason … the best players are going to play. Obviously we have two really good ones at that position.” (Auman)
- As to what the Buccaneer’s plans are in the draft, Arians listed speed on defense, physical players on both the offensive and defensive lines and potentially a young developmental quarterback. (Rick Stroud)
- Arians didn’t rule out Tampa Bay using a first-round pick on a quarterback: “If the right guy is there that we think is a developmental guy that has the upside that outweighs the five guys we’re looking at…sure.” (Stroud)
- Asked about the status of WR Antonio Brown or another free-agent wideout, Arians said there are “offers out there” and they’re waiting to see what happens. (Auman)
- Arians mentioned Buccaneers TE O.J. Howard is nearing a return to full health from an Achilles injury last year: “What a huge addition to have him back.” (Auman)
New Falcons RB Mike Davis has been all over in his NFL career so far. He was drafted by the 49ers and had a stint with the Seahawks after being waived. He signed with the Bears and was claimed by the Panthers after being cut again. Finally after a career year in 2020, Davis landed back in his hometown of Atlanta.
“The only thing I can say is that Atlanta was the best fit,” Davis said via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “…Never, never thought I’d have the chance to play for the Atlanta Falcons. It’s really a dream come true.”
- The Athletic’s Larry Holder thinks the Saints will still sign CB Marshon Lattimore to a long-term deal following his arrest for receiving stolen property but this could complicate the timeline.
- Holder believes the Saints have more confidence in QB Jameis Winston than either Jaguars QB Gardner Minshew or 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo, two other options that could become available.