- Regarding finding Tom Brady‘s replacement, NFL Media’s James Palmer mentions the Buccaneers still feel that they are capable of winning right now and the organization is doing a “ton of homework” on Seahawks QB Russell Wilson and Texans QB Deshaun Watson.
- Palmer doesn’t think it’s likely for Tampa Bay to target a starting quarterback in the 2022 NFL Draft given they selected second-round QB Kyle Trask last year.
Joe Person of The Athletic takes a look at some moves the Panthers could make to create some cap space this offseason.
- Person believes the Panthers could restructure LB Shaq Thompson‘s contract for $5 million of cap room.
- Person mentions that WR Robby Anderson will need a bounce-back year to ensure he’s back in Carolina for the 2023 season.
- Person considers veteran CB A.J. Bouye to be a “pretty obvious cap casualty” this offseason, as the Panthers would recoup $3.5 million of cap room.
- Panthers OL Cam Erving didn’t live up to expectations in his first year in Carolina, but Person explains that his versatility paired with the lack of cap savings they would get from cutting him likely means he’ll be back with the team in 2022.