- Cowboys’ LT Tyron Smith and RT La’el Collins both sat out of practice minor injuries. Cowboys’ HC Mike McCarthy said of Collins sitting out: “It doesn’t seem of a serious nature, but it’s something we’re watching. …Based on the information I have currently, it doesn’t seem to be a long-term concern.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Cowboys’ backup rookie T Josh Ball is still recovering from an ankle sprain he suffered in late July and is expected to begin the season on injured reserve. (Gehlken)
- Ed Werder mentions that the Cowboys had unique insight from offensive consultant Ben McAdoo, who was the QBs coach at Jacksonville last year, which likely played into the decision to not trade for QB Gardner Minshew. (Ed Werder)
- Cowboys’ LB Jaylon Smith talked to the media about how he feels heading into the season: “Physically, I feel great. Looking like myself, doing some amazing things sideline-to-sideline. I focused on a lot of mobility this off-season.” (Jon Machota)
- Doug Kyed mentions that while the Eagles have been connected to QB Deshaun Watson, their recent trade for QB Gardner Minshew could point to them being out of the running at this point.
- Former Lions’ OC Jim Bob Cooter has been working with the HC Nick Sirianni and the Eagles’ coaching staff on two-minute drills. (Jeff McLane)
“I thought it was really encouraging,” Judge told Leonard. “That’s really what you’re looking for. I keep talking about reactionary quickness. You’ve got to catch a ball, locate a defender, make a move, have some suddenness and your body just has to be able to go and play explosively.”