- According to ESPN’s Todd Archer, Cowboys OL Connor McGovern will make $2.4 million in 2022 after playing more than 35 percent of the snaps for two straight seasons.
Giants HC Joe Judge said he’s not worried about the hypotheticals when asked about the possibility of him being fired on Monday, or later when the team hires a new general manager.
“I’m not going to worry about those hypotheticals right now,” Judge said, via NJ.com. “I appreciate it. I understand that it’s going to be the question of the day. Just understand, it follows my baseline answer of a hypothetical.”
Judge expects to get a third season as the coach for the Giants.
“I’m not in the mode of defending anything,” Judge said. “I’m more in the mode of what’s the truth, what’s the reality and where are we at? To get where we want to go, what do we have to improve on immediately? That’s the mode I’m in… Ultimately, it wasn’t good enough. My focus right now is already on next season, immediately, and changing everything we have to, making every necessary adjustment so when we come out here next year, we play the type of football and have the results we want to have as an organization.”
- Giants OL coach Rob Sale told his unit he will be taking a job with the Florida Gators. (Lawrence Tynes)
- Giants QB Daniel Jones said he expects to be healthy by the summer. (Ryan Dunleavy)
- Giants CB Logan Ryan said Monday’s meeting with Judge was business as usual: “It wasn’t like he announced he was coming back.” (Art Stapleton)
- Giants RB Saquon Barkley is confident he will be fully healthy and effective in 2022. (Kim Jones)
- Giants TE Evan Engram said he wants to return to the team next year: “I would be blessed to be back in a Giants uniform but there are a lot of things to get figured out.” (Stapleton)
- Giants OL Nick Gates doesn’t know when he will be healthy enough to return to the field, but he noted he doesn’t need any more surgeries. (Dunleavy)
- Washington OL Brandon Scherff wants to finish his career with the team: “I’d love to be here and I hope I can end my career here. I said that the last couple of times, and that’s always the goal for me, is to kind of finish where you started. I think we got something good building here, and yesterday was just a good stepping stone of where we can go.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Scherff added he benefitted from playing with OL Charles Leno Jr: “I learned things from him. He’s a year older than me so I asked him tips on what he saw here, what he saw there, why they did this, why they did that. I learned as much as I could from him.” (John Keim)
- Washington RB J.D. McKissic wants to return next year: “They want me here and I want to be here.” (JP Finlay)
- Washington DE Chase Young doesn’t know when he will return to full strength. (Jhabvala)