Dane Brugler takes a look at some first-round targets the Cowboys could consider trading up from No. 14 overall to get along with some possibilities if they wanted to back.
- Brugler’s list of trade-up targets includes Virginia Tech LB Tremaine Edmunds, Washington DT Vita Vea, and Alabama WR Calvin Ridley.
- Should the Cowboys drop back to get some additional draft capital, Brugler suggests Georgia G Isaiah Wynn, Stanford DT Harrison Phillips and South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert as three players that could make sense for Dallas.
Lions GM Bob Quinn said it’s going to be his responsibility to fix the team’s run-game this offseason.
“Make no mistake about it, it needs to improve…..blame can get passed all around the organization and it starts with me, I promised our players and our staff that I’d be leading to the charge to get it fixed,” Quinn said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio.
Regarding the decision to keep Jim Bob Cooter in place as the team’s offensive coordinator, Quinn explained that he asked new HC Matt Patricia to do some research and he ultimately agreed to keep Cooter on his staff.
“Jim Bob’s done a nice job, I think his relationship with our quarterback is important….there was a good back and forth, Matt did his research, I gave him my thoughts and ultimately Matt chose to keep him,” Quinn said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio.
- Ben Volin mentions that it would not be surprising to see the Lions make a run at signing Patriots RB Dion Lewis.
- We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Alden Gonzalez of ESPN identifies some free agents cornerbacks who could be potential replacements to Rams free agent Trumaine Johnson.
- Gonzalez lists Prince Amukamara, T.J. Carrie, Ross Cockrell, Kyle Fuller and Byron Maxwell as some names to watch for Los Angeles at cornerback.
- Gonzalez mentions that the Rams attempted to trade Johnson last offseason, but couldn’t reach an agreement on a deal. Reports from last year said that the Saints discussed a trade for him.
- As for his free agent prospects, Gonzalez believes Johnson could command something in that range of $13 million a year this offseason, which may prove to be too much for the Rams this time around.
- We have all of these cornerbacks featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.