Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy said he’s spoken to veteran TE Jason Witten about his plans for 2020, but he still needs to make up his mind about returning.
“I had a great conversation with Jason and he’s got a number of things he’s thinking about,” McCarthy said, via DallasCowboys.com. “I think that’s what he’s working through right now.”
- Todd Archer reports that the Cowboys are expected to hire Adam Henry as their new WRs coach.
- Panthers new OC Joe Brady was asked why he accepted the position with Carolina: “I believe in Coach (Matt) Rhule and the NFL is the pinnacle.” (Albert Breer)
- Barry was non-committal on QB Cam Newton: “I’m excited to get in touch with Cam.”
- In the event Eagles VP of football operations Andrew Berry is not hired as the Browns’ GM, Adam Schefter says to look for him to interview with the Panthers after the draft.
- David Smoak of ESPN Central Texas reports that Baylor WR’s coach Frisman Jackson and DBs coach Evan Cooper will be joining Matt Rhule’s staff with the Panthers.
- With the talk of Eagles’ VP of football operations possibly ending up with the Panthers, JP Finlay notes that current Panthers GM Marty Hurney could end up becoming after the draft.
- Finlay adds that Hurney is tight with new Redskins HC Ron Rivera from their time together in Carolina.
- Gary Tanguay reports that Bill Belichick inquired about coaching jobs in Washington and Giants after they traded QB Jimmy Garoppolo away.