- The Athletic’s Tori McElhaney believes the Falcons will keep DE Dante Fowler and hope for better in 2021, as his dead cap hits are somewhat prohibitive to cut or trade.
- McElhaney adds a restructure for Falcons DT Grady Jarrett is an obvious way for the team to create some additional cap space.
- Atlanta has just one safety under contract and McElhaney identifies the position as one of their top needs, adding they could also re-sign S Damontae Kazee as he comes off a torn Achilles to provide some experience to the new group.
- McElhaney thinks the Falcons could start exploring the trade market for WR Julio Jones even though his contract makes a trade impractical for the time being in order to gauge what they can get back when the time comes.
- San Diego State RB Darren Hall is scheduled to meet virtually with the Falcons. (Justin Melo)
- The Athletic’s Joe Person expects the Panthers to work hard on getting a long-term deal done with RT Taylor Moton after presumably using the franchise tag to keep him before next week’s deadline. He notes the final number could come in ahead of the $14 million per year Browns RT Jack Conklin signed for in free agency last year.
- Person writes the sense is the Panthers would like to re-sign G John Miller for the veteran minimum to start, or at least compete to start, at right guard.
- He adds the Panthers should be in on any trade talks for Ravens OT Orlando Brown, though giving up a first-round pick this year would be too much. He also mentions Jaguars LT Cam Robinson as an intriguing free agent.
- Person highlights the Panthers’ need for one or two more starting-caliber cornerbacks this offseason and notes the connections to Seahawks CBs Shaquill Griffin and Quinton Dunbar, as well as Packers CB Kevin King. Panthers GM Scott Fitterer was part of the front office that drafted Griffin and traded for Dunbar while in Seattle and secondary coach Jason Simmons worked with King in Green Bay.
- He mentions former Baylor LB Clay Johnston, added to the Panthers’ practice squad from the Rams late last season, as someone who could compete for a role at linebacker in 2021 with Jeremy Chinn presumably moving back to safety.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!