- Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated does not think that the Lions acquiring Jared Goff will prevent them from considering a quarterback at No. 7 overall.
- Breer expects the Lions to evaluate Ohio State QB Justin Fields, North Dakota’s Trey Lance and BYU QB Zach Wilson in-case one falls to No. 7 overall. In the end, Goff gives Detroit insurance if a prospect does not reach them.
- Regarding the Packers’ search for a new defensive coordinator, Tom Silverstein reports that HC Mike LaFleur has begun informing initial candidates that they are not finalists for the job.
- Silverstein says sources have indicated to him that Wisconsin DC Jim Leonhard, Rams Ss coach Ejiro Evero, and Chargers’ passing game coordinator Joe Barry could be the “top-3” candidates with second interviews possibly being conducted on Friday.
- Silverstein writes that Leonhard likely “tops on the list,” but leaving Wisconsin could be difficult to convince given his “good pay, security and family considerations.”
- Silverstein mentioned that it is “safe to assume” that Wisconsin DC Jim Leonhard and Rams’ Ss coach Ejiro Evero are the “top two” candidates for Green Bay’s defensive coordinator vacancy.
Vikings HC Mike Zimmer made it clear that Kirk Cousins will be their quarterback moving forward.
“Kirk’s our guy,” Zimmer said, via NFL.com. “You know, he had a terrific year this year. We were fourth in the league on offense. We have to get better on defense — we had a lot of injuries and young guys — that’s my job to get it fixed.”