- The Athletic’s Chris Burke notes the Lions’ interest in RB Todd Gurley suggests they want to add another downhill back to the roster, so Adrian Peterson could be a candidate to come back if they don’t land Gurley.
- Some other potential signings who have familiarity with the offensive staff and QB Jared Goff include WR Trevor Davis, TE Virgil Green, OL Nick Easton, and C Ryan Groy.
- Linebacker is an area the Lions could use help with on defense and Burke lists Kwon Alexander, Todd Davis, and B.J. Goodson as some potential options who are still available.
- If the Lions look to add help in the secondary, Burke points out they have several connections to nickel corner Nickell Robey-Coleman. They could also take a gamble on former first-round CB Gareon Conley.
- Burke also highlights Kenny Vaccaro, Tre Boston, Jahleel Addae, and Malik Hooker as some options for the Lions to bolster the safety position.
Packers HC Matt LaFleur said they “threw everything” at QB Jordan Love in OTAs and minicamp and still wants to determine what the quarterback does best.
“We installed our offense and kind of threw everything at him,” LaFleur said, via Bill Huber of Sports Illustrated. “He’s a guy who hasn’t had the experience as some others. We’ve got to get him multiple looks at many different plays and really find out what he does best and what our team does because, every year, things change in the National Football. Just trying to get a feel for how much he can really handle. I think he’s done a great job of being intentional about his work, how he goes out to practice every day and I think it’s paying off for him. I think he’s made some progress.”
Packers DL Rashan Gary said he’s encouraged Love at practice and thinks he’s “getting better” every day.
“I keep telling him day by day, ‘You’re getting better,’” Gary said. “He has a hell of an arm. I’m happy that we drafted him, and every rep that he gets, he’s getting better. He’s showing that whatever the circumstances may be, he will be ready and he’s pushing himself for that. I’m happy for his growth and happy to see him in the right mindset. Jordan Love is an unfinished product, but he’s going to get to where he needs to be.”
“Just talking to Tae, Lazard, MVS, Amari, everybody in the wideout room really have been welcoming,” Funchess said. “It’s been good. It’s been fun. I just appreciate the opportunity and the guys on the team.”
Arif Hasan of The Athletic put together a 53-man roster projection for the Vikings following OTAs and minicamp.
- Some of the notable roster cuts on offense include QB Nate Stanley, fifth-round WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette, fourth-round RB Kene Nwangwu, and G Dru Samia.
- As for the defensive cuts, Hasan’s projection includes DL Hercules Mata’afa, fourth-round DE Janarius Robinson, LB Ryan Connelly, third-round LB Chazz Surratt, and CB Parry Nickerson.
- Regarding Surratt being included in the cuts, Hasan explains that he fully expects him to make the 53-man roster, but he has a long way to go in his development and he missed some time during offseason workouts.