Cardinals GM Steve Keim explained the recent decision to release veteran S D.J. Swearinger during a recent interview with Arizona Sports 98.7.
“Similar to the Michael Crabtree decision when you look at … a guy who maybe isn’t living up to expectations and at the same time, you have a couple young players you’re excited about,” Keim said, per Bob McManaman.
- The Arizona Cardinals officially ruled out DE Zach Allen (neck), LB Dennis Gardeck (ankle), WR Christian Kirk (ankle), T Jordan Mills (knee), and S Charles Washington (shoulder) for Week 5 and list CB Tramaine Brock (back), WR Damiere Byrd (hamstring), P Andy Lee (right hip), G Justin Pugh (shoulder), LB Terrell Suggs (back), and LB Ezekiel Turner (hand, hamstring) as questionable.
Despite two straight losses in which the defense has given up over 400 yards and a total of 85 points, Rams DT Aaron Donald says it’s not time to panic.
“It’s still early in the season. That’s nothing to panic about,” Donald said, via Pro Football Talk. “There’s a lot more football left. All you can do is watch the film, learn, try to fix the things you did wrong and build up the things you did good and keep playing ball.”
- Rams HC Sean McVay told reporters after Thursday’s loss that he’s still confident in K Greg Zuerlein, who missed a game-winning field goal: “He just missed it. We have a lot of confidence in Greg. It’s one kick. He’s made a lot of big kicks for us. He’s going to continue to make a lot of big kicks for us.”
- McVay announced Friday that WR Brandin Cooks has been placed in the concussion protocol.
- The Rams will be without OLB Clay Matthews four a month after he suffered a broken jaw. (NFLTR)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Friday that G D.J. Fluker has hamstring pull.
- Carroll spoke highly of Jamarco Jones, who filled in for Fluker: “He did really well. I was shocked that it was so smooth for him. … I think he got out of the game with no pressures.” (Curtis Crabtree)