- 49ers claimed QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson off waivers from the Vikings. (Tom Pelissero)
- 49ers waived QB John Skelton.
- HC Marc Trestman told reporters on Wednesday that TE Martellus Bennett and CB Charles Tillman will both be a game-time decisions on Thursday. (ESPN Chicago)
- Bears place DT Nate Collins on injured reserve.
- Bears sign DT Christian Tupou to their active roster.
- CB Leon Hall was able to practice on Wednesday. (Joe Reedy)
- WR Stevie Johnson did not practice on Wednesday. (Joe Buscaglia)
- RB C.J. Spiller did practice on Wednesday, but had a “bit of a limp.” (Joe Buscaglia)
- HC Rob Chudzinski reiterated that they have no plans to trade WR Josh Gordon. (Scott Petrak)
- Cardinals signed TE Darren Fells and TE Kerry Taylor to their practice squad. (Mike Jurecki)
- Chargers sign RB Kerwynn Williams to practice squad. (Michael Gehlken)
- Chargers signed OT Mike Remmers off of the Buccaneers practice squad.
- Chargers placed OT Mike Harris on injured reserve.
- Chargers released RB Miquel Maysonet from practice squad.
- OLB Justin Houston is being monitored for a possible concussion. (Adam Teicher)
- TE Travis Kelce underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday. (Dave Skretta)
- Chiefs worked out LB Mike Taylor. (Bob McGinn)
- Former Lions RB Kevin Smith worked out for the Colts. (Adam Caplan)
- Colts signed RB Dan Herron off the Bengals practice squad.
- Colts signed LB Andy Studebaker.
- Colts worked out DT Sealver Siliga and DE/OLB Scott Solomon. (Adam Caplan)
- WR Miles Austin is expected to put in a limited practice on Wednesday. (ESPN Dallas)
- QB Michael Vick put in a limited practice on Wednesday.
- Falcons could be without WR Roddy White for at least one game due to his hamstring pull he suffered Monday night. (NFLTR)
- Falcons brought in free agent WRs Mohamed Massaquoi, Brian Robiskie, Courtney Roby, Matt Willis for tryouts. (Howard Balzer)
- Falcons are signing WR Brian Robiskie.
- RB Brandon Jacobs will start Thursday’s game against the Bears. (ESPN New York)
- RB David Wilson won’t get a second opinion on his injured neck until next week. (New York Daily News)
- CB Corey Webster is not expected to play on Thursday. (New York Daily News)
- WR Santonio Holmes is expected to miss Week 6’s game against the Steelers. (Rich Cimini)
- Jets placed OLB Antwan Barnes on season-ending injured reserve.
- Jets re-signed OLB Ricky Sapp.
- Jets signed DT Terence Barnes to their practice squad.
- Jets released DT Junior Aumavae from the practice squad.
- Jets worked out OLB Deon Lacey. (Aaron Wilson)
- WR Calvin Johnson did not practice on Wednesday. (Dave Birkett)
- Lions signed WR-KR Jeremy Ross to their practice squad. (Bob McGinn)
- The Packers have already ruled out OLB Clay Matthews, ILB Brad Jones and RB James Starks for Week 6. (Jason Wilde)
- Packers worked out CBs Terrence Brown, Antonio Dennard and Malik James. (Bob McGinn)
- Packers worked out safeties Bret Lockett and Tom Nelson. (Bob McGinn)
- DE Jerel Worthy mentioned that he’s ready to return practice next week. (Tom Silverstein)
- Panthers signed C Brian Folkerts and WR Marvin McNutt to their active roster.
- Panthers signed WR Marvin McNutt off of the Dolphins practice squad. (Brian McIntyre)
- Panthers signed LB Ben Jacobs and LB Jeff Tarpinian to their practice squad.
- Patriots signed DT Andre Neblett to their active roster. (Ben Volin)
- Patriots re-signed S Kanorris Davis and LB Ja’Gared Davis to their practice squad. (Ben Volin)
- Raiders worked out free agent RBs Montario Hardesty, Keiland Williams and Jonathan Grimes. (Aaron Wilson)
- Raiders signed DT Daniel Muir.
- Raiders re-signed OL Jack Cornell to the practice squad.
- WR Marlon Brown will play against the Dolphins in Week 6. (Aaron Wilson)
- ILB Jameel McClain’s recent MRI on his neck has increased optimism that he can resume his NFL career.
- TE Zach Miller will be a game-time decision in Week 6. (Liz Mathews)
- Free agent S Will Allen was spotted at the Steelers’ facility Wednesday. (Mark Kaboly)
- Steelers re-signed ILB Stevenson Sylvester.
- Steelers released LB Kion Wilson.
- Texans place TE Owen Daniels on injured reserve with a designation to return. (NFLTR)
- Texans signed TE Jake Byrne off of the Chargers practice squad. (Michael Gehlken)
- Vikings signed DE Brian Robison to a four-year contract extension. (NFLTR)
- The Vikings reportedly extended DE Everson Griffen a contract extension but it “wasn’t in the ballpark.” (Ben Goessling)
- Vikings released DE George Johnson. (Tom Pelissero)
- Vikings claimed Justin Trattou off waivers from the Giants.