- Free agent OL R.J. Mattes has been suspended for four games. (Aaron Wilson)
- Bears released OT Jonathan Scott and re-signed TE Kyle Adams. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Bengals placed WR Andrew Hawkins on injured reserve/designated to return.
- LT Andrew Whitworth doesn’t expect to play against the Bears this weekend. (Bengals.com)
- Rookie QB E.J. Manuel will be the Bills starter game against the Patriots this weekend.
- HC Doug Marrone mentioned that E.J. Manuel is “110 percent” healthy and has “no limitations.” (Mark Gaughan)
- FS Jim Leonhard practiced with the first-team defense Wednesday. (Mark Ludwiczak)
- FS Jairus Byrd put in a limited practice on Wednesday. (Albert Breer)
- CB Champ Bailey has been ruled out of Thursday’s game. (Mike Klis)
- TE Joel Dreessen has been ruled out for Thursday game. (Mike Klis)
- The Broncos are expected to use a running back by committee for the “foreseeable future.” (FOX Sports)
- The Browns have Davone Bess and Greg Little listed as their starting receivers. (ESPN Cleveland)
- OLB Barkevious Mingo put in a limited practice on Wednesday. (Akron Beacon-Journal)
- Rookie RB Stepfan Taylor will handle team’s short-yardage and goal-line situations this weekend. (Mike Jurecki)
- HC huck Pagano confirmed that TEs Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen will both be available for Week 1’s game against the Raiders. (Phillip Wilson)
- Cowboys released S Eric Frampton. (Nick Eatman)
- The Eagles will start Nate Allen and Patrick Chung safety against the Redskins. (Jordan Raanan)
- TE/FB James Casey returned to practice on Wednesday. (Jeff McLane)
- Free agent OT Demetress Bell worked out for the Falcons Tuesday. (Adam Caplan)
- WR Victor Cruz and DE Jason Pierre-Paul practiced on Wednesday. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- The Giants are expected to wait and see how Da’Rel Scott does against the Cowboys before considering a veteran free agent RB. (Aditi Kinkhabwala)
- Free agent OL Ramon Harewood worked out for the Giants on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- RB Justin Forsett expects to be available against on Sunday, despite not being 100 percent. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- The Jets announced that rookie QB Geno Smith will start Week 1 game against the Buccaneers.
- QB Mark Sanchez is expected to miss at least the first two weeks of the season. (New York Post)
- QB Matt Simms will backup Geno Smith against the Buccaneers.
- TE Kellen Winslow is expected to skip Wednesday practices this season. (ESPN.com)
- RB Mike Goodson has agreed to reduce his base salary from $1 million to $715,000. (Tom Pelissero)
- Rookie DE Ziggy Ansah is dealing with a concussion. (Tim Twentyman)
- Lions re-signed LB Rocky McIntosh. (Tim Twentyman)
- Lions placed RB Montell Owens on injured reserve/designation to return. (Tim Twentyman)
- The Packers have rookie Eddie Lacy listed as their starting RB. (Rob Demovsky)
- CB Casey Hayward has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the 49ers. (Jason Wilde)
- Panthers reached injury settlements with WR Joe Adams, DT Frank Kearse and S Haruki Nakamura. (Joe Person)
- TE Rob Gronkowski practiced in full pads again on Wednesday. (Boston Herald)
- Ravens placed TE Dennis Pitta on injured reserve/designated for return.
- DE Cliff Avril returned to practice on Wednesday. (Eric Williams)
- HC Mike Tomlin mentioned that RB Le’Veon Bell being ruled out of Week 1 was because of missed practice time and not his foot injury. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- FS Ed Reed is “very doubtful” to play in Monday night’s game against the Chargers. (Jason La Canfora)
- Rookie OL David Quessenberry broke his foot during Wednesday’s practice and will miss the entire season. (John McClain)
- Texans cut Mike Mohamed from practice squad and sign Nate Menkin to practice squad. (Aaron Wilson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!