- Bears first-round WR Kevin White announced via his Twitter account Sunday that he underwent successful surgery to repair the stress fracture in his shin.
- Colts HC Chuck Pagano said that first-round WR Phillip Dorestt is day-to-day with a knee contusion. (Kevin Bowen)
- CB Greg Toler is being evaluated for a neck strain, and they expect to know more about his condition on Monday. (Kevin Bowen)
- Dolphins waived WR Michael Preston.
Lions HC Jim Caldwell said Sunday he’s unsure whether DT Haloti Ngata (hamstring) will be ready for Week 1.
“You don’t know,” Caldwell said, via the Detroit Free Press. “I can’t predict that. It’s just one of those things, we have to kind of see where they are. We’re hopeful. We look at how he’s been performing and going through just in terms of his rehab, we’re optimistic.”
- Rob Demovsky doesn’t rule out the possibility that the Packers could bring in a veteran receiver following the loss of WR Jordy Nelson to a reported ACL injury.
- Demovsky adds that Jeff Janis and third-round pick Ty Montgomery will get increased opportunities with the first-team offense with Nelson out of the lineup.