- Todd Archer reports that the Cowboys have promoted Keith O’Quinn as special teams coordinator and Ben Bloom as linebackers coach after both served as special teams assistants last season.
- Dolphins DE Andre Branch announced via his twitter account on Wednesday that he underwent knee surgery.
Packers new GM Brian Gutekunst said at the Senior Bowl last week that while he likes the team’s backup quarterbacks, he thinks competition “is always a good thing” and it’s possible they could consider bringing in a veteran.
“I obviously like our quarterback group quite a bit but I think competition is always a good thing,” Gutekunst said, via PackersNews.com. “If that makes sense, if the right veteran is out there that I think can help bring the group up, then I think we’d certainly consider it.”
- Bob Condotta points out that Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned Chris Carson, Mike Davis, J.D. McKissic and C.J. Prosise during his end of season press conference, which could be seen as an indication that they’re planning to move on from Thomas Rawls and Eddie Lacy this offseason.
- Rawls is in line to be a restricted free agent and while Condotta says there’s at least a chance he could return, it’s unlikely Seattle will tender him a contract.
- Potential free agent targets worth keeping an eye on for the Seahawks, according to Condotta, include Jerick McKinnon, Frank Gore and Orleans Darkwa.
- If the Seahawks look to the draft, Condotta writes that Georgia’s Sony Michel and Nick Chubb have ties to new OC Brian Schottenheimer.