“Because it is pending, I’m not going to comment on that at all,” Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I’m very comfortable with where Zeke is with that situation.”
Jones added that he expects the investigation to be wrapped up during training camp.
“I’m just aware of all the circumstances here,” Jones said. “I would want our fans to know that I’m very aware of all the facts and the details and been aware of it since training camp and not one thing has come up or surfaced that in any way gives me any concern, that I actually to my mind put to bed at training camp.”
- In regards to their plans at the top of the draft, Jones told reporters: “It’s fair to say that we’ll be looking defensively. But, as we know, that’s not necessarily what shows up.” (Brandon George)
- Jones mentioned that Cowboys DL Cedric Thornton underwent surgery earlier this week. (Brandon George)
Eagles executive Howie Roseman mentioned during an interview with on 94.1 WIP Monday that plan to discuss potential offseason acquisitions with QB Carson Wentz to get his opinion.
“The way the league rules are, you’d love to be able to bring him down and throw to these guys,” Roseman said, via PhillyVoice.com. “That would be unbelievable. It just doesn’t work that way. But from our perspective, we want to make sure that he’s on board with some of these things, and he’s looking at some… probably more in free agency than in the draft, because it’s hard for him to get caught up on the draft prospects.”
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden told reporters of their plans for QB Kirk Cousins: “We fully anticipate kirk coming back.” (Mike Jones)
- Nick Underhill reports that the Saints recently spoke with former Alabama defensive line coach Bo Davis.
- Jeremy Fowler has spoken to sources who said they would be surprised if Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger actually retires, but they respect his process regarding the matter.
- According to Fowler, RB Karlos Williams, who signed a future/reserve contract with the Steelers on Monday, will still have to serve one game of his suspension next year.