- Matt Miller hears that Northwestern QB Clayton Thorson will go much higher than a lot of people think. Miller adds that some teams have round-three grades on Thorson and many have pointed to the poor help around him offensively at Northwestern.
- Lance Zierlein says that Colorado State WR Preston Williams “might be the most talented WR in the draft.” However, Dane Brugler mentioned that Williams is unlikely to be a first-round pick because of off the field issues and adds that some teams have taken him off their board entirely.
- Matt Barrows of The Athletic believes South Carolina WR Deebo Samuel would be a great fit for the 49ers and expects him to be a second-round pick.
- Barrows thinks Delaware S Nasir Adderley would be “intriguing,” should the 49ers decide against signing a “high profile” free safety.
- Although Barrows does not rule out the 49ers bolstering their running backs group through free agency or the 2019 NFL Draft, he believes the 49ers are “probably comfortable” enough to address other positions.
- Rams HC Sean McVay reiterated Wednesday that he expects K Greg Zuerlein (foot) will be ready to go on Sunday. However, they plan to be smart with his workload in practice this week. (Tom Pelissero)