- Mike Mayock mentioned that NFL evaluators are “buzzing” about Clemson DE/OLB Vic Beasley’s Combine performance. Has put on quite a show.
- Tony Pauline reports that a good forty time on Monday could push Louisville S James Sample into the third round.
- According to Pauline, there’s a lot of buzz at the Combine that the Chiefs are “very high” on East Carolina WR Justin Hardy.
- Pauline mentions that a lot of people were surprised Ohio State WR Devin Smith was unable to break into the 4.3’s during his 40-yard dash on Saturday.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Herald reports that veteran QB Brady Quinn is attempting to make one last comeback in the NFL attempt after working as a broadcaster in 2014.
- According to Volin, Quinn has been working out in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., with former NFL quarterback Jeff Christensen, Drew Stanton and Kirk Cousins, among others .
Mike Klis of the Denver Post takes a look at the main needs for the Broncos this offseason and offers some note about their impending free agents.
- Klis expects free agent G Orlando Franklin to get “handsomely paid by another team.” Potential free agent replacements could include: Mike Iupati or Chris Boling.
- According to Klis, re-signing C Will Montgomery makes sense, but sees as Rodney Hudson, Steve Wisniewski and Samson Satele as free agents worth considering.
- Klis writes that right tackle is the “early leader for the Broncos’ first-round draft pick, No. 28 overall.“
- Broncos backup TE Virgil Green could be the first free agent to re-sign with Denver, according to Klis.
- If the Broncos want to add a fullback in free agent, Klis suggests Henry Hynoski, Jerome Felton or Will Johnson.
- Klis considers it unlikely that DT Terrance Knighton will be back in 2015.
- The Broncos would reportedly like to bring back S Rahim Moore, but at a home- discounted rate.
- ESPN’s Bill Williamson expects the Raiders to “agonize over” who they should take between Alabama WR Amari Cooper and WVU WR Kevin White at No. 4 overall.
- However, even with the need at receiver, Williamson mentions that USC DL Leonard Williams would be an obvious pick for the Raiders if he were to be available.
- The other option for the Raiders at No. 4, according to Williamson, would be for them to trade back and consider taking someone like Florida DE/OLB Dante Fowler.