- According to Adam Schefter, Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown has had the boot on his foot from Lisfranc surgery removed and been cleared for running.
- Schefter says Brown, projected by some as a first-round pick, could be ready for post-draft minicamp.
Florida edge rusher Jachai Polite said he was not “ready mentally” for the interview process at the NFL Combine.
“It’s been pretty tough, but it’s a major learning experience for me, something I’ve never been through in my life,” Polite said, via Mike DiRocco of ESPN. “I just keep learning every day. Nobody in my family has been through anything like this, so I had nobody to help me, really, other than my agent. But I never knew how serious and how mentally tough you had to be for this moment.”
- Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst reports that Florida S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson has scheduled 17 official pre-draft visits and met with the Seahawks, Chargers, and Texans over the past two days.
- Pauline adds that the Texans scheduled a workout with Gardner-Johnson and the Cardinals are showing “a lot of interest” in him.
- Pauline also reports UCF DT Trysten Hill has scheduled a “dozen” official top-30 visits and met with the Colts, Cowboys, and Dolphins this week, while the Saints are showing “a lot of interest” as well.
- According to Pauline, UCF OT Wyatt Miller has worked out for the Jets and has scheduled a visit with the Bengals.
- The Jets, Steelers, and Panthers are showing “a lot of interest” in Maryland S Darnell Savage as a top-75 choice. (Tony Pauline)
- Maryland DL Byron Cowart has official visits set up with the Saints and Chargers, will work out for the Jets and is receiving interest from the Buccaneers.
- Texas A&M C Erik McCoy said he has met with the Rams and Panthers and will visit the Jets, Ravens, Redskins, and Cardinals this week. (Alex Marvez)
- Tony Pauline reports that Utah State RB Darwin Thompson med “at length” with the Jaguars this week and has official visits set with the Cardinals and Seahawks.