- Aaron Wilson reports that Auburn DT Gabe Wright has private workouts set up with Buccaneers, Texans, Falcons and Colts.
“It baffles me a little, to know that I’m not a part of any organization,” Holmes said, via Pro Football Talk. “It’s a gift and a curse at the same time. I say that because the gift of playing — an opportunity to be a figure in the National Football League, I enjoy. And the curse of having one injury in my entire career, people are now looking at me as if Santonio Holmes is not the guy anymore.”
- Giants owner John Mara mentioned that they currently do not have anything in the works in regards to a contract extension for QB Eli Manning, but added “something will be done at some point.” (Tom Rock)
- According to Mara, they still want to get a long-term deal in place with DE Jason Pierre-Paul, but he added that they’re comfortable with him playing out the 2015 season under the franchise tag. (Tom Rock)
- Mara confirmed that they made a “big push” to sign S Devin McCourty and even called DT Ndamukong Suh, but he was “a little too pricey.” (Tom Rock)
- Mara said that they “still have some holes to fill” regarding their roster. (Tom Rock)
- Tony Pauline reports that the Patriots met “extensively” with Stanford DT David Parry.