Former Giants DE Damontre Moore admitted that he could have handled the recent situation that ultimately led to him being waived on Friday better.
“I definitely could have handled it better by just obviously walking away,” Moore said an interview with ESPN Radio New York, via James Kratch of NJ.com.
Moore got in a fight with DL Cullen Jenkins after Jenkins apparently took his free set of Beats By Dre headphones.
Moore said he doesn’t see it an issue over headphones, but more of a “respect thing.”
“Yeah, it was more of a respect thing,” Moore said. “It was, you know, a combination of things that build up over time. And the way the situation fully just unfolded and evolved, I just felt like, as a teammate and a brother, thngs should have been handled a certain way. But also I should have handled things in a certain way, maybe talking it out a little more and walking away from it.”
Moore added that he has no hard feelings for Jenkins, despite the incident.
“I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I wish him the best of luck,” Moore said. “I understand also, this just happened 24 hours (ago). And they’re getting ready for a really important Monday night game that is a must-win, and they’re fighting for a playoff spot. So I’m not expecting him to reach out to me right now. Things happen. If I just got into it with somebody, I wouldn’t hit them up immediately right afterwards, trying to be buddy-buddy with them, especially if I have other things on the line. We all know what’s at stake for them.”
- There’s a “good chance” Dolphins TE Brandon Williams (foot) is out for the season with a broken bone in his foot. (Adam Beasley)
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN expects the Jaguars to find a defensive back through free agency or the draft this offseason.
- DiRocco says the team is searching for a starting free safety, and require another cornerback so Aaron Colvin can move back to his natural nickel back position.
- DiRocco believes the Jaguars can address both of these issues through free agency by signing players like CB Josh Norman or FS Eric Weddle, should they reach the open market.
- DiRocco provides a list of 2016 draft candidates to keep an eye on, including: Florida State CB Jalen Ramsey, Ohio State S Vonn Bell, Boise State S Darian Thompson, Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves, Virginia Tech CB Kendall Fuller and LSU CB Tre’Davious White.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN expects the Jets to make personnel changes to their punt coverage team after giving up their second touchdown of the season last week.
- According to Cimini, starters such as S Calvin Pryor, LB Demario Davis, or CB Buster Skrine could make an appearance on the punt coverage squad to improve their play.