On Thursday, Johnny Manziel wrapped up his final game for The Spring League and now has a month to decide whether or not to sign with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL.
“I’m straight back to working out and doing what I did when I came here,” Manziel said of his future, via Sarah Barshop of ESPN. “Everything else will sort itself out. I’m trying to do what I can do to come back to playing football whatever capacity that is.
“We know when deadlines are. We have another month or so to work out and not worry about anything.”
As for just being back and playing football, Manziel said it was “beyond [his] wildest dreams.”
“It’s been beyond my wildest dreams,” Manziel said. “There was a time there I didn’t know if I would actually do it. … I’m extremely happy just to be healthy, just to get to throw the ball around. I’ve missed this.”
Oklahoma OT Orlando Brown admits that his combine performance is likely to impact where and when he’s drafted to some degree, but he still believes his film “speaks for itself.”
“Measurables are measurables, and that’s what the general managers and the head coaches and scouts use, and it’s understood — you can’t knock it,” Brown told Jake Trotter of ESPN.com. “You’ve got all these guys, they’ve run 4.9s and been successful. But you’ve also got guys that run 4.9s and been bad. I think I’m an unusual prospect, the way my film is and my unusual testing. Yeah, it’s a pretty big deficiency. But the film speaks for itself. Hopefully these NFL teams look at that and recognize who I am, . . . and understand what I can do at the next level.”
- Maryland WR D.J. Moore is visiting with the Patriots and Bills in the coming days. (Tony Pauline)
- Oregon OT Tyrell Crosby is visiting with the Giants on Friday. (Manish Mehta)
- Wesley College OL Matt Gono has workouts scheduled with the 49ers and Falcons this week. (Mike Garafolo)
- Villanova LB Ed Shockley visited with the Seahawks on Thursday and met with the Raiders earlier in the week. (Michael Gehlken)
- Hawaii OL Dejon Allen is traveling to meet with the Rams for a pre-draft visit and has previously met with the Packers, Cardinals and Chargers. (Tony Pauline)
- Florida CB Duke Dawson visited with the Bills and is now traveling to Carolina to meet with the Panthers. (Tony Pauline)
- Temple DE/OLB Jacob Martin has had top 30 visits and or workouts with the Raiders, Lions, Falcons, Giants, Jets, Colts, and Patriots and is scheduled to meet with the Rams and Bengals. (Aaron Wilson)