- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes that he wouldn’t be surprised to see QB Josh McCown sign with a team in November or December if a starter goes down.
- According to ESPN’s Rich Cimini, McCown said he received interest from a team two weeks ago about returning for the 2019 season.
- However, McCown recently announced his retirement from the NFL and joined ESPN as an analyst.
- Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman says people with the XFL believe it’s only a matter of time until QB Johnny Manziel joins the league.
- According to Freeman, the XFL feels confident Manziel won’t sign with an NFL team and they can take their time evaluating him.
Former Rams and Titans HC Jeff Fisher said during an appearance on the NFL Network that he’s still interested in returning to coaching if an opportunity presents itself.
“I miss it. I miss the sidelines. I think anybody that’s had the opportunity to do it as long as I have would say the same thing,” Fisher said. “If the right opportunity comes up, I’m going to look hard at it. You miss the players, you can go out and do all the things that you want to do that you didn’t get to do for 30 years as a coach because of the time constraints, but when it comes down to it, I miss the players. So I’ll look at an opportunity if it comes up.”
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!