Mike Mayock Rankings
- Mike Mayock of NFL Media rates FSU QB Jameis Winston ahead of Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.
- Baylor QB Bryce Petty is Mayock’s No. 3 quarterback.
- Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon is listed ahead of Georgia RB Todd Gurley.
- Iowa’s Brandon Scherff is Mayock’s No. 1 interior offensive lineman.
- Mayock has Washington RB/LB Shaq Thompson rated as his No. 2 safety in his position rankings.
- Mayock rates Florida DE/OLB Dante Fowler Jr. ahead of Nebraska’s Randy Gregory.
- Even after the Buccaneers released QB Josh McCown on Wednesday, The Pewter Report doesn’t rule out Tampa Bay trading Mike Glennon at some point.
- The Pewter Report mentions that new OC Dirk Koetter could decide to “hit the restart button at quarterback.”
- Meanwhile, Adam Caplan expects Glennon to draw interest from teams in the coming months.
- Chris Mortensen confirms reports that the Rams are promoting Frank Cignetti Jr. to offensive coordinator.
- Mortensen adds that Jeff Garcia will interview for Rams quarterbacks coach job on Thursday.
- Vikings owner Mark Wilf, the team’s owner and president, said Wednesday that they would “love” to have Adrian Peterson back next year, if he takes care of his issues with the NFL. (Ben Goessling)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!