- Peyton Manning told reporters on Friday that it’s wasn’t the right time to take the analyst job on Monday Night Football: “I talked to the Monday night football folks. I enjoyed talking to the them. I had great conversation. It wasn’t the right time this year. Maybe it will never be.” (Ryan O’Halloran)
- Regarding the reports of interest from NFL teams, Manning said: “I think it’s funny to be up for a lot of jobs, but I don’t really get to confirm or get asked about it. I like listening. I talked to the MNF folks. I had a great conversation. It wasn’t the right time. Maybe it will never be.” (Mike Klis)
- As for the Jets’ GM job, Manning said that while he talks to HC Adam Gase, he was never contacted by the Jets or Gase regarding their vacancy. (Mike Klis)
According to Schefter, Sproles would prefer to play for one of his old teams, as opposed to going to a new franchise in the event he returns.
“I think he’d like to go back to one of the teams he’s played for in the past, the Eagles, the Saints, or the Chargers,” Schefter said. “I think at the appropriate time when a team comes calling, he will be willing to listen to what they have to say. Right now, it’s not like he thinks, ‘I got to be at OTAs in Philadelphia or OTAs in New Orleans’ . . . if somebody wants him at the appropriate time, I think he’ll be enticed to wind up playing.”
- Albert Breer of the MMQB.com mentions Jason Licht of the Buccaneers and Steve Keim of the Cardinals as the two GMs on the hot seat in 2019.
- As for possible coaching/scouting changes, Breer lists the Cowboys, Jaguars, Lions, Falcons and Redskins as the situations worth watching this year.