However, a source with direct knowledge of the team’s thinking tells Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk that they won’t be signing Rice.
A ‘Lions executive texted Adam Schefter regarding their reported interest in Rice: “We are NOT signing Ray Rice, never have even discussed him. 1000% false.”
- Mike Freeman of B/R is hearing that some NFL teams are taking a “hard look” at Rice but nothing appears to be imminent at this point in time.
- Freeman adds that if Rice can’t get back into the league following several injuries to running backs around the league, then there’s a question whether he’ll ever get another opportunity.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Dolphins RB Arian Foster did not practice on Wednesday and is viewed as a “long shot” to play against the Browns this weekend.
- Although, Rapoport says that there’s still a chance Foster plays in two weeks.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that Raiders owner Mark Davis caught off guard when Las Vegas billionaire Sheldon Adelson said he expected to buy part of the Raiders.
- According to Cole, Davis has no intention of selling part of the team and is reportedly angry with Adelson’s comments.
- Cole mentions that NFL owners are wary of a potential relationship Adelson.
- Pro Football Talk believes trading for Browns LT Joe Thomas makes “plenty of sense” for the Vikings now that LT Matt Kalil is out for the year with a hip injury.
- However, PFT adds that the Browns’ asking price for Thomas is likely crazy: “The Browns will want seven first-round draft picks for him.“