- Daniel Kaplan reports that how much severance NFL commissioner Roger Goodell would receive as part of a new five-year deal is among the holdouts for owners renewing his contract.
- Even so, Kaplan says that it’s still “widely expected” the NFL will sign Goodell to a five-year extension through 2024.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Buccaneers DE Ryan Russell is expected to miss between 2-4 weeks with a shoulder injury he sustained against the Patriots on Thursday.
“It would really be a surprise if he doesn’t play,” Jones said during an interview on 105.3 The Fan, via the Dallas Morning News.
Jones admitted that they could sit LB Sean Lee this weekend, which would buy him two weeks to heal in time for their Week 7 game.
“Today will mean a lot,” Jones said. “Tomorrow will mean a lot. If we were not looking at a bye next week, then you could be more aggressive with this decision. But the fact that you’ve got a bye means that he could actually go [two] more weeks without putting competitive type pressure on that hamstring. So that makes you head scratch a little bit.
“The nature of his imperfection was such that two or three weeks rest should do it. So all of that is in our minds as we make a decision today.”
- The New York Jets announced that DE Kony Ealy, CB Daryl Roberts, LB Josh Martin, and RB Matt Forte are all out for Week 4’s game.
- The Jets also listed DE Muhammad Wilkerson and CB Juston Burris are questionable.