- Adam Schefter points out that 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick‘s contract includes a $400,000 workout bonus for showing up to 90 percent of team activities.
- It is worth mentioning that Kaepernick is currently rehabbing from a shoulder injury in Colorado.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes the Jets would ideally like to solve the contract situation with free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick by the start of the Jets’ offseason program on April 18.
- With the possibility of the 49ers trading Colin Kaepernick to the Broncos, Cimini points out that Fitzpatrick could be a fit with the 49ers since OC Curtis Modkins was the Bills’ offensive coordinator for Fitzpatrick’s final three seasons in Buffalo.
- Although the Jets could pursue the Texans’ Brian Hoyer or the Browns’ Josh McCown, Cimini believes missing out on Fitzpatrick would ultimately be a loss for New York since he knows the offense.
- According to Cimini, the Jets have no interest in free agent DE Greg Hardy and that is not expected to change.
- Cimini believes the Bears are a team to watch in a trade for DE Muhammad Wilkerson since they own the No. 11 overall pick and have available cap space.
- USC QB Cody Kessler said he has met with “quite a few” NFL teams and has received a lot of positive feedback, via Sirius XM NFL Radio.
- The Bears have scheduled a pre-draft visit with Ole Miss DL Robert Nkemdiche and hope to meet with Southern Illinois QB Mark Iannotti within the next two weeks. (John Mullin)
- Rich Tandler of CSN Mid-Atlantic believes that recently acquired TE Vernon Davis‘ $2.38 million base salary with $1.1 million guaranteed virtually assures him a substantial role in the offense.
- While Tandler does not expect Davis to earn more playing time than TE Jordan Reed, he will likely gain the No. 2 tight end role and appear in excess of 25 snaps per game.
- Tandler points out that Davis could make another $2.1 million through incentives.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!