Trevor Lawrence Still Expected To Declare For 2021 Draft, Despite Recent Comments

     

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that multiple NFL executives still expect QB Trevor Lawrence to declare for the 2021 draft, despite his recent comments that he’s open to returning next year. 

Trevor Lawrence

“I’d be shocked if he went back [to Clemson],” one source tells Schefter. 

“You have a better chance of winning the Boston Marathon than he does of going back to school,” another source said.

Lawrence acknowledged that he had been planning to declare for the draft as the presumptive No. 1 overall pick in 2021 but added he has not made a final decision.

“My mindset has been that I’m going to move on. But who knows? There’s a lot of things that could happen,” Lawrence said. 

However, Clemson HC Dabo Swinney said two days later that he would “be surprised” if Lawrence was back with the team next year.

League sources tell Schefter that Lawrence began interviewing potential agents for his NFL career in March and has also been interviewing marketing agents.

Lawrence was tested for COVID-19 on Wednesday and is expected to miss a total of two games. 

Lawrence, 21, is considered by many to be the best quarterback prospect since Andrew Luck. The expectation is that he’ll be the No. 1 overall pick should he officially forgo his senior year at Clemson and enter the 2021 draft.

In 2020, Lawrence has appeared in six games for Clemson and completed 70.7 percent of his passes for 1,833 yards, 17 touchdowns and two interceptions. He has also rushed for 29 yards and four touchdowns. 

We’ll have more regarding Lawrence as the news is available.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments