- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk takes a look at 12 teams that could make coaching changes at the end of the season.
- Florio’s list includes: Bills, Browns, Colts, Jaguars, Giants, Chargers, Eagles, Lions, Falcons, Saints, Rams and 49ers.
NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed to Pro Football Talk that they will consider changes to officiating for the postseason.
“There are some items under consideration,” McCarthy said in an email to PFT. “Not able to get into specifics.”
V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino has said previously that the idea an in-game video official has come up.
“The idea of a video official has come up,” Blandino said. “I think there’s certainly merit to having the ability to look at something quickly and helping the official on the field. . . . You get those angles that the official on the field doesn’t get. So all of that will be on the table. We also have to be mindful of the officials on the field. We need to empower them and they need to feel empowered to make decisions without somebody over their shoulder constantly reviewing their work immediately and possibly changing it. And I know the goal is to get it right and we understand that, but we also have to empower our officials to make decisions and not worry about somebody looking over their shoulder in every situation.”
- Todd Archer doesn’t see any changes being made to the Cowboys offensive or defensive coordinator positions.
- Archer adds that HC Jason Garrett‘s job is nowhere near on the line despite their 4-8 record.
- In regards to LB Rolando McClain, Archer doesn’t think he’ll command a large salary on the open market due to off-the-field issues.
- Archer could still see McClain returning, but he doesn’t rule out the possibility of them drafting a linebacker such as Myles Jack.
- Archer considers it unlikely that the Cowboys will take another offensive lineman or a safety in round one next year, but lists cornerback, quarterback, wide receiver, pass-rusher, linebacker and running back as positions that would make sense.
- Terry McCormick reports that veteran CB Cary Williams signing with the Titans remains a possibility, and a decision one way or the other is expected early next week.
- According to McCormick, Titans LB Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil will undergo surgery for torn patellar tendon miss the remainder of the 2015 season.
- McCormick mentions that LB J.R. Tavai could be promoted to their active roster.