Josh Gordon & Johnny Manziel
Browns HC Mike Pettine told reporters on Thursday that he would welcome back suspended WR Josh Gordon next year, if he’s reinstated by the NFL.
“Sure, he’s a Cleveland Brown,” Pettine said, via Scott Petrak of the Chronicle-Telegram. “Absolutely we would.”
Browns HC Mike Pettine indicated that there’s a chance QB Johnny Manziel may not be back with the team next year when talking about Gordon returning in 2016.
“That would turn out to be a positive thing if Josh is with us next year and Johnny’s on the roster, that those two have built a rapport together,” said Pettine, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Pettine also mentioned that the two players haven’t been a positive influence on one another in the past.
“We stress to our players and it’s not just Johnny, but all of them, about making it in this business and getting the right people around you,” Pettine said. “I’m not going to sit here and pile on Josh. His history is documented and we haven’t been able to by league rule have a lot of interaction, but from the feedback that we’ve gotten back, the returns there are very positive.”
- Mike Wells of ESPN reports that Colts QB Matt Hasselbeck (ribs) is not guaranteed to play in Sunday’s game against the Texans.
- According to Wells, Hasselbeck said heavy breathing is his biggest challenge for him right now.
- Charlie Whitehurst would start in Hasselbeck’s place if he’s unable to go.
- Rob Demovsky reports that Packers rookie WR Ty Montgomery suffered another setback to his injured ankle on Wednesday.
- You would have to think the Packers will at least consider placing Montgomery on season-ending injured reserve after a second setback.