NFL Rumors: Jon Gruden, Vance Joseph, Browns, Buccaneers, & Texans
- Peter King of TheMMQB.com mentions that the “word on the coaching circuit” is that Jon Gruden would have listened “very earnestly” if the Colts has expressed interest in him regarding their head coaching job.
- Alex Marvez reports that Bengals DBs coach Vance Joseph won’t be able to sign with another team until next Tuesday, unless Cincinnati grants him his release.
- Marvez adds that there’s still a chance that Joseph could follow Bengals OC Hue Jackson to his next job.
- There’s also the possibility that a bidding war could be coming for Joseph’s services, according to Marvez.
- Marvez adds that the Dolphins could request permission from the Bengals to allow Joseph to leave early for their defensive coordinator job.
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that the Browns have asked four assistant coaches to stay on, assuming their next head coach wants to keep them.
- According to Cabot, the four coaches includes: offensive coordinator John DeFilippo, QBs coach Kevin O’Connell, secondary coach Jeff Hafley, and assistant DBs coach Aaron Glenn.
- However, the list does not include DC Jim O’Neil and special teams coordinator Chris Tabor.
- Former Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik mentioned this morning that while it still appears as though OC Dirk Koetter will be the team’s next head coach, there’s one name that could trump him for the job.
- According to Dominik, this unnamed coaching candidate is on one of the remaining playoff teams.
- Josina Anderson seems to think it’s Cardinals OC Harold Goodwin, who has tied to the Buccaneers.
- The Houston Texans have fired special teams coordinator Bob Ligashesky, WRs coach Stan Hixon and defensive assistant Anthony Pleasant. (Mark Berman)
Tags Anthony Pleasant Bob Ligashesky Chris Tabor Dirk Koetter Harold Goodwin Hue Jackson Jeff Hafley Jim O'Neil John DeFilippo Kevin O'Connell Stan Hixon Vance Joseph