According to Jason Cole of B/R, Steelers owner Art Rooney said that the overwhelming desire from the owners is to get something done this week regarding Los Angeles.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones‘ proposal to pair the Rams and Raiders in Los Angeles is considered the preferred option from NFL owners.
However, there are two hangups here, which is that Chargers owner Dean Spanos doesn’t trust Rams owner Stan Kroenke. There’s also concern from the Chargers that Kroenke may not split things down the middle and the overall development of the project.
- The final price tag for a Inglewood stadium project proposed by Rams owner Stan Kroenke could reach $2.66 billion, according to Scott Reid of the Orange County Register.
- Reid adds that the stadium cost after financing is $800 million more than the previously reported cost for the stadium, and would make it the most expensive stadium ever built by over $1 billion.
- Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith announced that he is entering the 2016 NFL Draft, even though he sustained a serious knee injury a few weeks ago.
- Jason La Canfora reports that new Lions GM Bob Quinn is going into his meeting with HC Jim Caldwell today with an open mind.
- However, Quinn reportedly has list of potential candidates ready.
- La Canfora adds that he would be surprised if Quinn targeted one of the Patriots coordinator should Caldwell be let go.
- Adam Schefter has confirmed that Steelers WR Antonio Brown is, in fact, in the NFL’s concussion protocol.