Home / Bears / NFL Rumors: Free Agents, Bears, Giants, Raiders, & Texans
NFL Rumors: Free Agents, Bears, Giants, Raiders, & Texans
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports “word on the street” is Chiefs free agent CB Sean Smith is seeking $8 million and $10 million per season.
- A source tells Briggs that veteran RB Matt Forte may be “hard pressed” to get more than $3 million per year on the open market.
- Sources have told Briggs that Chiefs free agent DE Jaye Howard is targeting $8 million and $9 million per year.
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune fully expects the Bears to use their franchise tag on WR Alshon Jeffery by tomorrow’s deadline. Biggs adds that there’s a “good chance” the two sides get a long-term deal done.
- Biggs mentions that while many assume the Bears will be big spenders in free agency, there are a few considerations that indicate they could be more cautious than anticipated.
- Biggs mentions Alabama DL A’Shawn Robinson as a player who the Bears could build their defense around in the coming years.
- Biggs expects LB Danny Trevathan to command between $7-$8 million per year on the open market, but still thinks he could be an option for the Bears, even if that’s a lot for an inside linebacker.
- Bears free agent CB Tracy Porter has a chance to be back with the Bears, but will likely be seeking a pay raise.
- A well-placed AFC executive tells Biggs that there have been rumors that Bears OLB Lamarr Houston could be released.
- Biggs gets the sense that LB Shea McClellin would return to Chicago, given that he felt comfortable in their defense last year.
- Chicago reportedly doesn’t want to commit to a position in regards to Kyle Long just yet.
- In regards to TE Zach Miller, he’s believed to be an option to return, but it will likely still come down to the level of interest in him. According Biggs, the Dolphins could be interested in him.
- Should the Bears also move on from TE Martellus Bennett, which Biggs expects, the Bears could consider TEs including Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener.
- According to Jordan Raanan of NJ.com, Giants free agent DE Robert Ayers is expected to have a “relatively strong” market, and could end up securing something close to $6 million per year.
- In regards to free agent CB Prince Amukamara, Raanan reports that all is quiet between him and the Giants right now.
- Raanan expects Amukamara to test the open market before letting the Giants know where things stand.
- Raanan suggests Lions free agent S Isa Abdul-Quddus as a potential option for the Giants.
- The Giants could also be in the market for a new kicker, as they reportedly plan to allow Josh Brown to speak with interested teams.
- Adam Caplan reports that Raiders RB Roy Helu has already undergone surgery for a hip impingement and is expected to have same surgery on his other hip soon.
- Caplan adds that the impingement helps to explain why Helu struggled last season, and the procedure should help improve his flexibility.
Tags Alshon Jeffery A’Shawn Robinson Ben Jones Brandon Brooks Brian Hoyer Coby Fleener Danny Trevathan Dwayne Allen Garrett Graham Isa Abdul-Quddus Jaye Howard Josh Brown Kyle Long Lamarr Houston Martellus Bennett Matt Forte Prince Amukamara Rahim Moore Robert Ayers Roy helu Sean Smith Shea McClellin Tracy Porter zach miller